In case if you don’t get this message, then you can manually restore your phone. Click on your phone’s icon on iTunes and under its Summary, select “Restore Backup”. You would be asked to send the backup file to your device. Afterward, you would be able to overcome this issue stock firmware ROM. Apple’s flagship series of iPhone devices are used by millions of people the world over. Though, just like any other device, it also malfunctions at times. It could be anything from a non-responsive touch to an unknown error.
If your phone has got a bad update or is just not getting recognized by system, then you can retrieve it by entering its recovery mode. In this guide, we provide you 8 solutions that you can try to fix firmware is not compatible when restoring your iDevice with iTunes. As you can see, AnyFix can effectively help you either fix the firmware file is corrupted or not compatible issue or easily update your iOS device to iOS 16. Also, if you have other solutions to the problem of firmware files is not compatible, be free to leave your comments below to share your ideas with us. You cannot update/restore your iPhone, which is caused by the firmware file corrupt iPhone, then try to update or reinstall iTunes and restore your device.
- Use this option as a last resort when all the above ways fail to fix the ‘iPhone software update failed error.
- As a customer-oriented company, by far, we have solved tech problems for 5.9 million users worldwide.
- Senior writer of the iMobie team as well as an Apple fan, love to help more users solve various types of iOS & Android-related issues.
- Olena’s favorite device is the Apple Watch Ultra because it can survive all her adventures and travels, and even her furbabies.
- This caused the phone to finally turn off and go black.
However, if you’ve selected to have iMazing download the software from Apple’s server, this may take some time, depending on your internet bandwidth. The iOS installation package’s size is between 2 and 3 GB, so if you have limited bandwidth, it may take a while for iMazing to download the software. How to fix iOS devices not compatible firmware with TunesKit iOS System Recovery? To use the program to work out this issue, you just need following three steps. If you choose this option, iMazing will check with Apple’s servers and download the latest version of your device’s software automatically. Like any computing device, iPhones and iPads occasionally have problems.
- The followings are some solutions to firmware not compatible error.
- Power cycle count estimates the remaining charge on your battery and when you need to recharge it.
- It is a user-friendly application that allows you to retrieve data from corrupted files.
- WatchOS 8.5’s release comes two months after the release of watchOS 8.4.
- If you choose this option, iMazing will check with Apple’s servers and download the latest version of your device’s software automatically.
But, first, you need to boot your Mac into disk utility and follow the instructions to fix it. As your Mac is showing the black screen, you cannot perform a normal shut down. To check whether your peripheral devices are working properly, you must first remove all of them from your Mac.